Thursday, February 21

I'm for Hillary...

...being the Democratic nominee over Obama, but MIKE HUCKABEE is my choice for President of the United States in the November elections.

There is one issue that towers above all others for me: the sanctity of life.

Huckabee says, I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned.

I want someone in the White House who stands for life. The greatest scourge on the USA are the 2,700 babies killed every day in utero in America. Surely terrible judgment awaits our nation for allowing the greatest holocaust in history to continue unabated. This horror has got to be stopped!

As John Umland states, "the war that affects my vote is the war against the unborn, and the commander in chief I will vote for is the one who will try to end that war." Amen.


6 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Guy. I'm sure you were just trying to grab our attention, but "I'm for Hillary" is just too awful to be funny! :)

Huckabee is my first pick too. However he has not been doing very well in the primaries. If McCain gets the nomination, he will also be a good pick on this issue.

National Right To Life says:
National Right to Life is grateful for the strong pro-life record established by Mike Huckabee as governor of Arkansas, and recognizes that Governor Huckabee has taken the strongest pro-life position on all of the life issues of any of the remaining candidates for president.

National Right to Life is also grateful for the strong pro-life voting record on abortion of Senator John McCain, and appreciates the pro-life position he has taken in his Senate campaigns and in this presidential campaign.


No matter what conservatives may say against McCain, he would be 1000 times better than either Clinton or Obama.

John Umland said...

aw shucks Guy. Thanks for the link. I'm honored.
God is good
jpu

00 said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only Christian who considers the sanctity of life the greatest concern when voting. I'm actually surprised by the amount of young Christians who put other things ahead of that.

J. Guy Muse said...

Mark,

I got your attention though, didn't I? :)

Even though it appears McCain will get the nomination, I still hold to the conviction that GOD has the final word. But until McCain is actually nominated, I am a strong supporter and believer in the stance of Huckabee.

John (a.k.a. "jpu",

I strongly urge my handful of readers to click over to your blog and read the last few posts you have put together on this issue. They influenced my think far more than anything I have seen on TV.

Rhea,

The sanctity of life is indeed the most important issue for me personally. It is more important than the economy, universal health care, Iraq war, etc.

In a nation that was built upon the premise of "all men created equal" it is unacceptable that innocent babies are not considered as part of those "created equal."

John said...

This is a key issue for me as well. I don't see how you can support the idea of human rights for everyone - except the most innocent of all human beings. It's absolutely inconceivable for me.

J. Guy Muse said...

John,

Ditto to everything you say. Can't we see the hypocrisy in this the way we talk out of both sides of our mouth?