- From meeting centered to life centered.
- From church houses to house churches (simplify to multiply).
- From special priesthood to priesthood of all believers.
- From super organization to simple organism.
- From bringing people to church to bringing church to people.
- From performance by professionals to "every one of you" (1 Co.14:26).
- From program-based church to home-based church.
- From titles to function.
- From independence to inter-dependence.
- From paper membership to Body membership.
- From "us and them" to "us".
- From local vision to world vision.
- From building my kingdom to building THE kingdom.
- From wall-wide church to city-wide church.
- From Christianity to Christ (not a philosophy, movement, or religion, but JESUS!)
- From pastor only to five-fold ministries (we need ALL the gifts God gave to the church).
Friday, June 1
Rethinking the nature and function of ekklesia
In Robert A. Lund's The Way Church Ought To Be he shares a list obtained from Robert Fitts for rethinking the nature and function of NT ekklesia.