Friday, October 19

The Garden

The kingdom of God is like a man who casts seed upon the soil; and he goes to bed at night and gets up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows--how, he himself does not know. (Mark 4:26-27)

The following 3:52 video of Frog and Toad illustrates the futility of trying to make a garden grow by our own efforts. Once the seed is planted there is little that we can do to make the seed grow. I find this encouraging story to be a parable for all those involved in Kingdom work, whether church planting or whatever. Watch and see if you can identify some of your own ministry frustrations in this animation.

4 comments:

Eric Kurfman エリック・カーフマン said...

Guy, I am often amazed at how timely what you post is for me...the Lord has really used you in my life...thanks for being brave enough to post this somewhat "corny" video...that was just for me.

J. Guy Muse said...

Eric,

The "corny" video spoke to me too, that's why I went to so much trouble to edit and post it! Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by. I had seen this video in a much longer version on another blog (forgot whose to give them credit.) When I finally was able to find it again on YouTube, I decided to edit out all the irrelevant parts. That led to all kinds of problems to overcome, but suffice it to say, we got 'r done.

Cahleen @ The Alt Story said...

I am sooo the impatient frog most of the time!

J. Guy Muse said...

Cahleen,

So am I, that's why I identify so much with Toad in this video...whew, it was hard work!