Can such a lofty goal be reached?
I don't doubt for a minute that it can. Of course, such undertakings are a "God thing" and certainly not anything men can make happen.
All of the month of January our house church network has been praying through Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:14-21. Verse 20 says, "Now to HIM who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us..."
Therein lies our hope, in HIM who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think...
As a team, our daily prayer for years has been for the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Why can't this opportunity be the answer to that prayer? If it isn't his intention to answer that prayer, why would He have us pray it?
We believe it is his desire and will that laborers be sent forth. We live in expectancy of Him doing exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish (one million disciples? 60,000 laborers?), and it shall be done for you. By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. --Jesus
Wednesday is just the beginning. But we would ask that you join us in prayer asking the Lord:
- the name of Jesus Christ be glorified throughout the process
- His Kingdom come and His will be done (not our kingdom, nor our will)
- laborers (60,000 would be a good start!)
- unity and common vision amongst believers coming from different denominational backgrounds (the enemy always seems to find a way to create division amongst us)
- clarity and simplicity in grasping the COSECHA discipleship/church planting steps
- one-million new disciples in established churches and new simple churches
EVERY PRAYER COUNTS!
For more background and details click on my earlier blog post One Million Disciples.