- Acknowledge God’s presence in the group. Praise and adoration is always good to help focus the group on communicating with the Lord.
- Pray short prayers of one, two or three sentences.
- Pray about one subject, idea or person at a time until everyone has shared as much and as often as prompted by the Spirit.
- Be reluctant to change the subject as you would in any conversation until everyone is finished with it.
- Times of silence can give the timid and the thoughtful time to contribute.
- The more the conversation with God is passed around the group the deeper the intimacy grows. In time a small group becomes totally unified and purely transparent.
- Watch God’s love flow freely, lives transform and answers to prayer abound.