Wednesday, March 1

It's time to blog!




I've done so much commenting lately on others blogs, I figured it was time to start one of my own!

It has been exciting to see the growing number of new "missionary" blogs. I have no illusions about my own writing abilities, but see myself joining fellow M's out there in sharing pertinent missions and church planting thoughts and ideas.

Sometimes I just like to bounce ideas off people. Church planting is not an easy task. There are few "How To" books out there, and the few that are available make for good reading, but somehow fall short of doing what only the Holy Spirit can do. I like feedback, and this seems to be one way to get some from time to time. Most of what we know has come from first hand experience on the field. We have had far more failures than successes, but that is how we learn.

I already moderate a church planting forum consisting of 90 or so missionaries scattered throughout South America. I enjoy the forum, but want to take this next step and try out the blogging. Hopefully to make some new friends and link up with some new folks interested in ssues relating to missions, church planting, CPM, etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. You beat me to it. I have you in my favourites and intend to make regular visits (to the webpage, not to your house:-)

Michael said...

Guy,
So did I. I just started blogging. Didn't realize this was such a big deal. I look forward to reading what is going on up in Ecuador. I'm also on the cp forum.
Talk to you soon
Michael

Tim Sweatman said...

Guy,

Welcome to the world of blogging. You have already blessed us with your insightful comments on other blogs, and I'm looking forward to reading your blog. I have already learned more about missions in the past four months on the blogs than in my previous 23 years as a Southern Baptist.

J. Guy Muse said...

Tim,

I have you down as one of my "favorite bloggers" http://timsweatman.blogspot.com and read you often. I'm glad to be able to be part of the missions information learning process that is being brought on by blogging. Blogs seem to be a more dynamic and interactive way to discuss missions issues rather than what most of us have been able to do with our websites.