Saturday, March 22

Computer interview

Ever wonder about the lives of those bloggers you read? I confess to being curious about wanting to know a bit more about some of my cyber friends whose writings intrigue me. On my Facebook page there is an application where a computer "interviews" you. So you can get to know me a little better as a person and not just a blogger, the following are taken from that Facebook computer interview...

What is your favorite song of all time?
That's a tough one for a music lover, but I never seem to tire of Puccini's "O mio babbino caro."

Biggest regret?
Not keeping up my proficiency in playing the piano and guitar.

What kind of car do you drive?
KIA Carens is the mission vehicle assigned to us.

Coke or Pepsi?
Dr. Pepper (or Pony Malta)

If you were one word, what word would you be?
blessed

How many people are in your family?
4--wife Linda, son Josh (16), daughter Anna (12)

What language would you like to speak fluently?
Besides Spanish and English, I would like to learn Italian someday. I love the sound of the language.

Favorite hot drink?
coffee

Performing Arts, Fine Arts, or Sports?
Definitely the arts over sports. I am not much on sports or games.

Do you plan in advance?
I function better by instinct than by planning.

What attracts you most?
The mysterious, the unknown, and the beautiful.

If you could be successful at any job in the world, what would that job be?
A good dad and husband.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Somewhere warm, safe, in a simple quiet house on the beach, with clear blue skies, sandy white beaches, palm trees, clear calm waters, cool sea breezes.

If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
I would like to be my wife for one day to get inside her head to better understand her.

What is your favorite word?
dance

What makes you cry?
I don't often shed tears, but am greatly moved by God's work in people's lives.

What do you do for fun?
Search for new music on the internet (emusic, napster), go to the movies (my wife and I both are huge movie fans), travel when the opportunity presents itself.

What 3 words would your best friend use to describe you?
People tell me I'm talented, encouraging, patient. I have my doubts about all three.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Only God knows. Could be anywhere or right where we are now.

What are you most proud of in your life?
Being a servant of God.

Do you own any pets, and if so what do you have?
dog: Taffy, cat: Claudia

Who do you admire most?
Probably my parents.

Would you rather be hot or cold?
Definitely hot...I cannot stand the cold.

Favorite Place to Eat?
Mauro's Italian restaurant in Guayaquil.

If you had to pick one car, which would it be?
Any SUV for here in Ecuador (but it has to have a good sound system.)

Favorite fruit?
A good Texas cantaloupe.

Define yourself in 3 words...
Ask my wife.

What is your favorite TV show?
I enjoy local Ecuadorian news, The Office, Le Femme Nikita, Alias, ER, CSI, 24, Lost, Travel & Living channel, Discovery Channel, CNN Int'l.

Do you shower every single day?
Every single day, sometimes twice...we live in the hot, humid tropics.

Where do you want to travel next?
Anywhere away from crowds and the big city.

What is your favorite food?
Hot fresh bread, cheese, popcorn, avocados, my wife's everyday cooking.

Favorite body part?
eyes

What do you do on Fridays?
Fridays are like all the other days of the week for us, nothing special other than ordering in pizza for the kids. Our Fridays are Thursdays when my wife and I have a standing date.

How tall are you?
5' 7"

Do you like bananas?
Love 'em...supposedly they the perfect food...Ecuador is the world's biggest banana exporter so we never lack for having a banana around the house.

So now you know a little more about me. Comments on any of the above? How about yourself? How would YOU answer any of the above questions?

4 comments:

Debbie Kaufman said...

Good to know Guy. Some of your answers I must confess surprised me. I'll play on this. :)

Favorite Song of all time? I have so many both secular and religious that I consider my favorite. Religious is most songs that praise God and make me dance. Secular is the Eagles, Pat Benatar and many more. I like music of all kinds.

Biggest regret? That I was too hard on my kids when they were growing up. I didn't know then what I know now and only knew one way to raise them. I regret that deeply to this day.

What kind of car do I drive? A Chevrolet 1971 pickup or a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero.

Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi definitely.

If you were one word what would you be? Love

How many people in your family? Currently 8.

What language would you like to speak fluently? Spanish. We have many Mexicans in Enid that cannot speak English. This was a problem when I worked in the hospital and had Spanish speaking patients. I can speak enough Spanish from my high school days to get by, but barely.

Favorite Hot Drink?Double Shot Latte from Hastings Book Store coffee shop.

Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Sports? Both Performing and fine Arts.

Do you plan in advance? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I am more of a planner than my husband who gives me a days notice that we are going somewhere for the weekend. I've been known to nip that in the bud sometimes but not always, he doesn't have to do the laundry and other things to prepare. I do. :)

If you had to pick a car what would it be? I'm not picky. Just want a good stero, air conditioning, and plenty of power. (Ar Ar)

If you could be successful at any job in the world what would it be? To be honest writing and teaching. I love doing both. I'm most me when I am writing. I substitute teach for Rachelle Burleson at times and definitely want to communicate well and be truthful in the rendering of the Bible.

If I could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I have several states I could choose from, but two things are essential. A beautiful view, a lake, and a great cabin type house.

If you could be someone else for a day who would it be? Lottie Moon. I would love to feel her passion for the Chinese and the gumption and courage to do what she has done in the realm of missions. I admire her greatly.

What is your favorite word? Nostalgic. I love the sound of it and I enjoy history,museums, houses with a history etc.

What makes you cry? Many things. Mostly though hurting people and those who are without Christ everywhere.

What are you most proud of in your life? To be honest, nothing. I want to do so much to stop the hurting and destruction I feel is going on right now in our Convention, I want so many people to come to Christ, and it appears to me that I'm not doing enough.

Do you own any pets? No. I did have 2 dogs and I believe one was stolen and another ran away. It tore me up enough, no more pets.

What do you do for fun? Read, watch a movie with my husband, kids and grandchildren, canning, gardening, listening to good music, going out with my husband.

Favorite body part: I too would pick eyes. I fell for my husband partly because his eyes are blue, the color of blue eyes that one sees on Alaskan Husky Dogs. I was gone and am still am after 24 years of marriage next month.

I've now lost track of the questions and am going to give up. :) That should be more information than anyone knows about me, including my closest friends. :)

Ben & Christine Haley said...

hey guy,
while i'm not doing the computer interview, it was good to see your blog. it has been a while since i last looked at it. it's good to see what's going on, especially w/ the flood relief. is there anything we can do besides praying? i guess this is all for now. take care and God bless. keep up the good work...we'll be praying for you.
in Christ,
ben haley

J. Guy Muse said...

Debbie,

I really enjoyed reading your answers and learning a little bit more about you. While a lot of these questions are little more than personal trivia, they do help paint a clearer picture of who we are. I didn't realize your family was so numerous--8, wow! Your answer to Coke or Pepsi got me thinking about my own answer which is Dr. Pepper (which we don't have here) and Pony Malta which I failed to explain is a local cola soft drink and not the other kind of malt drink!

Ben/Christine,

Thanks for stopping by, you are always welcome! I enjoy keeping up with you guys through all the great photos on your blog. I guess your time is winding down here in Ecuador, but we are hoping the Lord will call you guys back in his timing.

Debbie Kaufman said...

Yep. We have quite the family, but it's great. And that's not counting the grandchildren which at last count numbered 12.