Saturday, February 27

The news that didn't make the news


An example for the nations of the world to imitate.

Imagine what kinds of things God would begin to unleash upon the earth if all the nations followed Haiti's example of 1-million people setting aside three days for prayer and fasting? I believe this action by a desperate nation will not go unseen or unheard by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The "rest of the story" in Haiti has yet to be told.

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain,
or command locusts to devour the land
or send a plague among my people,

if my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin
and will heal their land.
Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive
to the prayers offered in this place.
(2 Chron. 7:13-15)

It is amazing to me that practically none of the major media outlets picked up on this story, and yet something very big took place as a nation humbled themselves before God and sought his forgiveness and healing.

2 comments:

Pastor Steve said...

I know some missionaries from different parts of Haiti, and they are reporting this continuing to happen from Port-Au-Prince to Cape Haitian to little villages all over the country. It wasn't a one time local event, it is a continuing national movement towards God.

J. Guy Muse said...

Steve,

That's wonderful to hear, PTL! I was referring less to the church (who is indeed reporting the wonderful things God is doing) and more to the secular media who have blown off this kind of story as being irrelevant.